User experience, information architecture, and interaction design
Resources about what you make, why, and for whom.
Interaction, information architecture, and user experience
- Norman, Don. The Design of Everyday Things.
- Kolko, Jon. Thoughts on Interaction Design.
- Hall, Erika. Just Enough Research.
- Wroblewski, Luke. Mobile First.
- Unger, Russ, and Chandler, Carolyn. A Project Guide to UX Design.
- Morville, Peter, and Rosenfeld, Louis. Information Architecture for the World Wide Web.
- Krug, Steve. Don’t Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability.
- IDEO. The Field Guide to Human-Centered Design (free download)
Moggridge, Bill. Designing Interactions.
- usability.gov, a compendium of resources, maintained by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- DesignKit, a human-centered design toolkit from IDEO
- Visual Design is Not a Thing by Mark Boulton
- A Dao of Web Design
- Userium usability checklist
- Mobile screen Sizes
- Why not to use “click here” text
- 52 Weeks of UX
- Summary of touch target sizes
- What Screens Want by Frank Chimero
- The Devil at 37,000 Feet by William Langewiesche
- Content Modelling: A Master Skill
- The Interventionist’s Toolkit (tracking guerrilla and DIY practice and urbanism)
Writing for interfaces
- The Grammar of Interactivity
- Good Call-to-Action Buttons
- Writing instructions that voters understand (a good guide to writing for interfaces)